This post, by Beth Barany, originally appeared on the Writer’s Fun Zone site on 1/17/11. Note that while the title says this is a list for indie novelists, the resources provided are equally useful for all indie authors.
In no particular order, here are some resources I’ve come across recently that have helped inform my life as in indie novelist and my life as coach and consultant to authors.
Educate yourself. Get to know the lay of the land. Get informed! Being an indie author is a business folks, so let’s get writing and publishing.
- Author Virna DePaul offers useful Cheat Sheets, her latest on the pros and cons of self-publishing. Sign up for her newsletter to get it.
- Author Zoe Winters offer sage and witty advice in her book, Smart Self-Publishing: Becoming an Indie Author
- Author and teacher Kristen Lamb writes a good book on social media for indie and traditional publishers alike: We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media
- The Independent Authors Network is a great way to get some attention and connect with other indie authors. I’m there!
- A blog by multiple authors: The Self Publishing Revolution