1. You don’t need an agent, but having the right one is absolutely the best investment you can make.
2. Co-authoring a book is a great idea.
3. No matter what the publishing house offers in terms of publicity, you are your own publicity machine.
4. That means you must need to know personal PR and have a game plan.
5. Speaking in soundbytes is imperative. Too much dribble means no more interviews.
6. Create a competitive analysis spreadsheet that shows you where the bullet holes are among your competition.