After all these years you finally have the courage and opportunity to write the email announcing that you and you alone have single handedly saved the company from utter disaster. You’re excited, you type it, you spell check it, and you hit send.
Everything is great except that your gold star memo has dangling modifiers, double negatives and run-on sentences colliding with each other.
Now I am no grammar whiz but I know a good resource when I see it. Purdue University maintains an online writing lab and I spent some time digging through it. Originally the goal was to grab some good tips that would help me out at work and on this site, but there is simply too much not to share.
Adjectives and adverbs
- A or An?: with exercise and answer key
- Adjective or Adverb?: with 2 exercises and answer keys
- Adjectives with Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Using Articles ( A/An/The ): with 2 exercises and answer keys
- A Little Help with Capitals
- Count and NonCount Nouns (with Plurals, Articles, and Quantity Words): with 2 exercises and answer keys
- Count and NonCount Nouns (with Articles and Adjectives): with exercise and answer key
- Writing Numbers: with exercise and answer key