- No tag line (one line description that is unique to your book) for the book or author (Posted on Jan 19th, 2010).
- Being a salesperson (that’s right … the more you try to sell, the less you will sell!) (Posted on Jan 21st, 2010).
- Not promoting the person and the story behind the book (Posted on Jan 26th, 2010).
- Being stingy with information about your book (Posted on Jan 28th, 2010).
- Not creating enough repeat mentions about you or your book (Posted on February 1st, 2010).
- Not creating the perception of demand exceeding supply ( Posted on Feb 4th 2010)
- Not enough recommendations from mavens for the book ( Posted on Feb 6th 2010)
The next seven posts will elaborate on each of these mistakes.
(Next: Book Marketing Mistake Number 1 – No Tag Line for Book or Author)
(NOTE: The author wishes to thank Chetan Dhruve, Freya and other members of the BookBuzzr team for their inputs into this series of articles.)