This post, from Darren Rowse, originally appeared on his TwiTip site on 4/18/09.
Just starting out on Twitter? Looking for some Twitter Tips to get you started?
Twitter is bound to have a load of new users today as it is being featured on Oprah – so I thought it might be a good day to share some tips for the beginner Twitter user who is just getting going with the medium.
1. What’s in it for Your Followers? – How to be Useful on Twitter
2. 10 Easy Steps for Twitter Beginners – good sound advice and tips on getting going on Twitter
3. 8 Sure-Fire Ways to Tick off the Twitterverse – a few things to avoid on Twitter
4. 5 Ways I Benefit from Twitter – this outlines why I love Twitter in my business of building blogs
5. Defining Your Twitter Goals – this one is more for those who want to use Twitter for other purposes than just letting their family know when they’ll be home.
6. How to Set up a Twitter Account – most of your are probably past this one but it could be useful if you’re a ‘Pre-Twitter’ user.
7. 5 Steps to Model Successful Twitter Users – an exploration of a few ways that Twitter is being used