Facebook has more than 175 million active users worldwide. If Facebook were a country, it would be the eighth most populated in the world, just ahead of Japan, Russia and Nigeria. The fastest growing demographic is those 30 years old and older (and you can bet a whole lot of them read books!).
It can therefore be a powerful place to promote your book and yourself as an author. Here are 5 ways you can use it for book promotion:
- Set up your own personal profile and start making some friends. If you are a complete beginner, check out these “How to use Facebook videos” on YouTube. You can find my personal profile page and friend me here http://profile.to/joannapenn
- Set up a Group. You can set up a group for your book or for yourself as an author here. You can also get a memorable URL instead of the incomprehensible one Facebook gives it.
Here are some related groups to check out:
- How to publish a book – a new group from me and best-selling author Dale Beaumont. Weekly updates, links, videos, articles and information on writing and publishing.
- Creative writing sites on Facebook – an Index of other creative writing sites – excellent resource
- Writing and Publishing – International Association of Authors
- Aspiring Novelists
- A place for writing
- There are also author groups e.g. Vikas Swarup who wrote the book Q&A which was made into the Oscar winning movie Slumdog Millionaire.
For the other 3 ways to use Facebook for book promotion – check the original post out here.